тσкισ нσтєℓ ƒσяυм
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilkommen to the Maltese Tokio Hotel Forum, every Tokio Hotel fan is welcome...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2AM (Part 3)

Go down 
+2
KIM[<3]T.H..Tom
RavynK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RavynK
Admin
RavynK

Female
Number of posts : 3334
Job/hobbies : listening to music, being creative, writing :D
Humor : Witty and sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-07

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2008, 22:30

So,this started as a dream I had, which killed me. I had to write it out, even though it still makes me tear up as I see the scene so clearly in my head.

I have ideas of how to continue this so I can make it as a proper story. However I can also leave it as a one shot. you guys tell me, should I continue it, or leave it like this? Please comment

----------------------------------------

Her heart was in her throat the moment the phone rang. her mum always said ‘No good call comes at 2am’ and she was right.

She just wished she wasn’t.

The phone rang at 2am, waking her out of a fitful sleep. He wasn’t there again; their bed was empty but she was used to that, he worked such long hours at the moment, but it would all be worth it in the end.

Back to that phone. Its shrill ringing pierced the silent night, causing her to jolt up out of bed. She grabbed the damned thing off the receiver, almost knocking the phone completely off the nightstand.

“Hello?” she said, her voice still croaky and hoarse from disuse.

“Ari.” The familiar voice was chocked and full of tears. “You need to meet us now; we’re heading down the A111.”

“Shit, Gustav, what happened?” she asked, leaping out of bed as she did, searching for something to wear.

“There’s been an accident,” he said. His words stopped her dead; those four words froze her heart and she knew, from then, it would never start again. “Ari, please, just meet us near Tegel; you’ll know where to stop.”

The line went dead, though she never noticed it; she’d barely heard him tell her where to meet them. She couldn’t hear anything anymore, just a deafening silence; an empty silence. A silence she’d never heard before. She dressed quickly, throwing on the firs thing she found. It was ironic, she later realized, how the only thing she found to throw on was a sweater of his.

She jumped into her car and stepped on the acceleration, willing herself there but dreading arriving at the scene. She knew what she was going to see, but she didn’t want to see it.

The A111 loomed into view and she took the turning, joining the sparse traffic travelling up it on such a dark and cold night. As the signs for Tegel airport came into view, she scanned the surrounding area frantically, looking for something, anything to let her know she should stop.

When she saw it, she stopped. The car stopped, the world stopped, she stopped. She couldn’t breathe, she couldn’t see. Nothing existed in that fraction of a second as she took in the scene before her. Nothing but that horrible image of death.

Lying on its side, in the middle of the road, blocking off traffic was the large, black car she was so familiar with. Behind it, a ways back, was a large truck whose front was dented and bent backwards. Compared to the black car; the truck was completely unharmed.
Glass covered the roadside, glittering in the lights streaming from the cars which were stopping to offer assistance or gawp in horror and shock. The front was completely smashed in, bending in on itself, barely recognizable. The roof of the car was dented and the shatterproof sun roof was cracked and frosted over. Pieces of metal lay scattered around and a tyre had fallen off, lying forgotten to the side.

She sat in her car, looking at the wreckage before her. She barely noticed the door being flung open and a familiar pair of arms reaching inside, undoing her seatbelt and dragging her out of the car. She was engulfed in strong arms, turning her away from the scene, blocking it from view.

“Tom,” she whispered, blinking rapidly, trying to come out her shock.

“He’s with Georg…he hasn’t seen the car yet,” Gustav said, the shaking in his voice unbearable. “We can’t let him. He’s a mess as it is.”

She was suffocating in his embrace and drowning in her thoughts as they came rushing back to her. The numbness was gone for the moment as the familiar sound of an ambulance’s siren cut through the night. Paramedics were rushing to the car along with firefighters carrying massive tools to cut open the car. As the area sprung into life, illuminated by portable flood lights and filled with unimportant people, she finally came back to life.

She pulled out of Gustav’s embrace, needing to be away from him. He let her go warily, not wanting her to run off. Before he could, she had sprinted away from him and towards the crash. She didn’t care about anything else, she just needed to get to him.

She drew closer to the site, the true horror finally hitting her with full force; everything was so much worse up close. Every dent, every shard of glass, every piece of crushed metal; it all screamed at her. She was two feet away by the time someone’s arms caught her around the waist, preventing her from getting any closer.

“Get away from me!” she screamed, her voice shrill with unshed tears.

She was held steadfast, despite her struggles. She clawed at the skin holding her tight; scratching every available surface, desperate to be let go. “Let me go!”

“no,” Gustav said; once again he’d been the one to embrace her. “You can’t get any closer; let the paramedics have some room.”

“No, he needs me!” she replied, voice rising in pitch. “Let me go! Just let me see him, please!”

“You need to let them have some space; so that they can get to him,” Gustav said quietly.

She refused to speak; she wanted to be rid of Gustav, but she didn’t have the energy to fight against him and deep down, she knew he was right. After a few moments she whispered, “Get Tom.”

“Tom would react worse than you do,” Gustav scoffed in reply. “He’s safer out of the way.”

“Like fuck is he,” she said angrily. “Get Tom here, now! Listen to me and get him here, he needs to be here…don’t you understand…he needs to be here. I need him here…he’ll need him here.”

Perhaps it was the desperation in her voice, or maybe she had just made him see sense but he followed her instructions and phoned Georg, instructing him to bring Tom to the site. There was some debating going on, but finally, reluctantly, Georg agreed. Within a few minutes Tom and Georg were by her side. Well, she assumed it was minutes; all time had ceased to exist the moment that phone rang. Even now, the passing of each second was marked not by a clock, but by the whirring of a blade as it cut through the metal, opening the roof like a can of corned beef.

It took all of Georg’s strength to hold Tom back; he’d had much the same reaction as Ari had. She turned to Tom once he was subdued enough. He held his arms out to her and she collapsed into his embrace. The two supported each other as Ari sobbed into his overly large shirt. His hands curled into fists, bunching up inside the material of the all too familiar sweater she wore as he fought the tears.

The squealing of metal being bent out of shape met their ears and they turned to look properly as the roof of the car was finally pulled back enough to allow everyone to see inside the car. The inside was worse than the outside. The dashboard had been pushed into the car, curling in on itself and surrounding the front seat; the steering wheel was actually imbedded within it. Though perhaps what was most horrifying of all was the smattering of black hair covering the front seat and shielding him from view. That and the large amounts of blood splattered along what seemed like every inch of the normally pristine, cream interior.

Ari’s legs gave out underneath her and she stumbled. Had Tom not been holding her, she would’ve crumbled to the ground in a heap. He held her as the tears streamed down his cheeks. He tried desperately to hold them in; promising, begging, pleading with every god in existence to please let his brother live, no matter what; he’d give up everything just to let him live.

Flashes were erupting rapidly around them and it was only then Ari noticed the huge crowd of people gathered around them. People stood and watched in shock as they first saw the crash, then the four people standing around in various states of distress. Of course they were instantly recognizable. And the absence of the crucial member of what had become a quintet meant only one thing. Police held people back as they sobbed and pushed forward, wanting to get a good look at the scene. Photographers stood at the ranks, cameras in hand, taking as many pictures as they could before being pushed out of the way by police, or caring people who knew those four in distress did not need cameras right now. Reporters desperately fought for a statement from someone, anyone though the only people who would talk to them were the frantic bystanders who watched the scene from afar.

Silence seemed to descend over the group as the paramedics finally got to him. Everyone held their breath as they worked; frantically hoping, begging for everything to be ok. A stretcher was brought out of the ambulance and placed near the car as two paramedics eased his limp body out of the car. One look at his deathly pale face and the amount of blood covering every inch of his skin and she knew, they knew.

“No!” she screamed into the night, pulling out of Tom’s hold. He let her go instantly allowing her to race across the tarmac. He followed, hitching his pants up as he did so. “Bill!”

A paramedic came rushing over, capturing both in his strong arms.

“Let me go, that’s my brother!” Tom screamed angrily. “He needs me!”

“Sir, its best if you stay here,” the paramedic said sympathetically.

“Please, let us through!” Ari begged. “He needs us; he needs his brother and he needs me!”

“You both need to head to the hospital,” the paramedic said. “We’re taking Mr. Kaulitz there now; we-“

“I’m coming with him!” Tom exclaimed crying harder. “He’s been in ambulances before and they always let one family member go with him, and he always wants me; he needs me!”

“Please sir, let Tom go, Bill needs him,” Ari agreed, begging.

The paramedic sighed and pulled the two away from the scene as his colleagues hoisted the stretcher carefully into the ambulance. “I’m afraid you can’t come with us this time; it’s…it’ll be too traumatic.”

At his words, Ari collapsed to the ground in tears, not having Tom’s arms to keep her upright. “No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,” she repeated frantically as she cried harder. Her voice rose until she was screaming. “NO!”

Tom fell to his knees beside her and wrapped his arms around her. He needed comfort and warmth, he needed to be close to Bill, and Ari was the closest thing to Bill after Tom himself. He wrapped his arms around her and buried his head deep within the crook of her shoulder, inhaling Bill’s scent which lingered on the sweater she wore. His body shook as he sobbed violently, holding her tight against him, needing to fill the hole which was rapidly expanding in his chest.

He had known, the moment the accident happened. He had known when he felt that part of him suddenly vanish. He prayed and hoped and pleaded he was wrong but he hadn’t been…he never was. His feelings for Bill were so finely tuned; he knew when he was in pain, he knew when he was happy, he knew when he was sad. It was only logical that he would know, the moment the brightest life force to ever exist was snuffed out.

She sobbed; her body shaking violently, shaking him as he held onto her. The flashes finally stopped as the photographers and reporters finally realized what was going on; what had happened, and that the two needed their privacy at this most painful of times.

The crowd finally realized what was going on. They had been too far away to see him pulled out of the car properly, and were unable to hear or see any of the commotion occurring. It was only when Ari and Tom had collapsed, wracked with sobs and painful cries, did they finally realize what had happened. Not a dry eye could be found in the crowd, as they all realized who was gone.

Gustav and Georg stood a few paces back, both crying silently. Neither wanted to intrude on Tom and Ari as they shared their grief, choosing to stand back and observe silently; ready to offer a shoulder, a helping hand, the moment it was needed. The ambulance finally vanished from view as it sped towards the hospital.

It took them a while to leave the scene. Finally, they left the group of people. As they walked passed the massive crowd, words of sympathy from tearful fans and sympathizers alike followed them. Their words meant nothing to Ari, who couldn’t even hear them, or Tom, who now had nothing left in this world to care about.

Gustav drove Tom’s car to the hospital. In a daze, they climbed out of the massive Escalade and entered the pristine interior of the hospital.

They approached the desk but before anyone could speak, the receptionist whispered quietly, “The doctor is waiting in that room for you.”

They walked over to the room she had pointed out and slipped inside, noticing the tall man sat in one of the hard backed chairs.

They occupied the seats around him and looked up expectantly.

“I’m so sorry,” the doctor began. “There was nothing we could do for him; we did everything we could, but his injuries were too severe.”

Nothing else he said mattered after that. He described what had happened, how the truck had collided with the driver’s side of the car. The impact alone had knocked Bill unconscious, and the ensuing tumble the car had gone through, down the sloping road before coming to an eventual stop. Even the fact that he hadn’t felt a thing as he slipped into death was barely a comfort to them.

That night Ari never returned home; she couldn’t face their big empty bed alone. She went back with Tom. Neither slept; preferring to sit together in silence instead, needing the comfort of one another.

The night was a dark and desolate place for the both of them now. Nothing good ever came from a phone call at 2am…

…nothing ever would come again.

Last edited by RavynK on Mon Dec 29 2008, 15:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kaulitzlistingschafer.piczo.com
KIM[<3]T.H..Tom
Admin
KIM[<3]T.H..Tom

Female
Number of posts : 1442
Job/hobbies : MUSIC,TOKIO HOTEL,writing fan fics,making pranks,going to TH fan club meetings, and laughing :D
Humor : funny,suptanious und sensitive x)
Registration date : 2008-01-26

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2008, 23:16

chloe hun you're a true inspriation luvya

this story my 2nd fave (YSMANL is still my 1st fave)

ild xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://kimthfantomsgirl.hi5.com
xXxKirstyxXx

xXxKirstyxXx

Female
Number of posts : 550
Job/hobbies : listening music,[TH]out,laugh xD etc..
Humor : always laughing xD
Registration date : 2008-04-05

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2008, 23:35

chloe if you want i think you should definetly continue ir i knowit wouldnt be so nice for you to write i can imagine but its a very great story i love it i cried so deeply good job
Back to top Go down
Tom's .. Flying .. V

Tom's .. Flying .. V

Female
Number of posts : 672
Job/hobbies : Sleeping...Laughin...Sleeping some more...Drawing...Sleeping.
Humor : Randomly stupid in every way xD
Registration date : 2008-04-15

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2008, 23:47

Oh my god, that was so realistic... i actually felt a tear when tom came in and they were crying with eachother.

This is definetly my faviourite story, it must have been hard for you to dream it and write it.

wondeful, emotional. Brilliant. 5000 stars.

xxx
Back to top Go down
http://TokioHotelLuver.hi5.com
no name

Female
Number of posts : 1321
Registration date : 2008-01-27

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2008, 00:28

speechless, i couldnt hold my tears Sad
you're my fav author
Back to top Go down
KIM[<3]T.H..Tom
Admin
KIM[<3]T.H..Tom

Female
Number of posts : 1442
Job/hobbies : MUSIC,TOKIO HOTEL,writing fan fics,making pranks,going to TH fan club meetings, and laughing :D
Humor : funny,suptanious und sensitive x)
Registration date : 2008-01-26

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06 2008, 10:10

yea i agree with the girls only write more if its not so hard for ya!!

xxx
Back to top Go down
http://kimthfantomsgirl.hi5.com
RavynK
Admin
RavynK

Female

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2008, 02:03

The hardest thing I ever wrote, the hardest thing I ever will write...is this.
Please read it and comment; it takes my heart and soul, my entire being, to write this without becoming too lost in fiction, perceiving it as reality.

--------------------

It took a while for either to start moving the next day. It was well past 3pm before both stood up off the couch, bodies stiff from being sat so rigidly in the same position, so close to one another, for hours. It was time for them to face to world now; to face the world without him.

It seemed a natural thing for them to do, to cling to one another. In his absence, they were the closest thing they had to him. Ari still wore his shirt, the shirt that smelt so much like him; she thought she’d never take it off.

Ari gripped Tom’s hand tightly. He held back just as tightly, needing something to hold. The minute both stepped out of the apartment, they were bombarded by flashing lights and rapid questions. For once, no smiles were plastered on, no random questions answered with a happy grin and a fake-interested expression. Tom ducked his head and followed the body guard waiting outside for them, not looking up, not stopping, and dragging Ari behind him.

They climbed into the back seat and sat close to one another, despite the amount of room the car had to offer. The drive over to the Kaulitz-Trümper residence was long and torturous and Ari dreaded it. She wasn’t even sure whether she should be going to see them, but Tom had convinced her, during the brief conversations they’d had, that she had to come with him. He needed her to.

Slipping into the house was like slipping into a tomb. Never before had Ari seen the house so dark and desolate, devoid of life. Curtains were drawn and there wasn’t the smell of something delicious wafting through the house. It was void of life and noise; no humming, no guitar riffs pelting through the house, no chatter and no enthusiasm.

Simone sat in the front room, curled up on the couch, with a blanket Bill had been fond of as a child wrapped around her shoulders, pulled close to her face. Gordon sat beside her, holding her in his arms. Her eyes were dry but red rimmed; she’d obviously spent the night much like Ari and Tom had.

Not a word was spoken as they entered the room. Tom took the empty seat beside his mother, offering comfort to her. In return, she held him in her embrace, placing Bill’s blanket across him partially as well. Standing awkwardly in the door, Ari looked on at the three, mourning over their lost family member; she’d felt like an intruder on a private scene. She averted her gaze, looking at the fireplace instead where hundreds of pictures stood in frames, chronicling the twins’ lives.

It brought tears to her eyes once more and she ducked her head, hiding her tears from what she’d come to know as family, but now felt like strangers. Warmth engulfed her from behind; a strong pair of lithe arms attached to a tall, agile body smelling of cigarettes and hairspray. For a moment, she relaxed into the embrace; with her eyes closed and her mind so wrapped around Bill, she could believe this warmth was Bill. She turned; ready to fall into the embrace, only to be disappointed when met by baggy clothes and long dreadlocks. It made the tears fall harder, like losing him again.

Tom dragged her over to the sofa and pulled her into the family embrace. Simone accepted his intrusion, sharing the miniscule blanket with her. A corner was all she could grasp but it was enough. Bill’s scent lingered, his essence held strong within the fibers.

“We should talk about the funeral,” Tom murmured after a while, breaking the silence.

“No, no we shouldn’t. I shouldn’t have to talk about a funeral for my baby,” Simone said quietly, her voice trembling. “It’s not fair; a mother shouldn’t outlive her child! I should’ve died first.”

“I should’ve,” Tom said. “He shouldn’t have died alone.”

“He shouldn’t have died at all!” Simone said angrily, voice shaking.

“But he did,” Tom sighed, voice devoid of any emotion; he was empty. “And now we have to plan this. One way or another, it has to be done. And it has to be done Bill’s way.”

“What?” Gordon asked, looking at Tom.

“Bill knew what he wanted, even for his funeral,” Ari said quietly. “He told us one night.”

“I told him he wouldn’t die; that it was all useless,” Tom said. “But I suppose it’s a good thing he told us what he wanted.”

“I don’t think I can do this,” Simone said, before standing up off the sofa and leaving the room. The sound of cups and plates being moved around filled the room and it was obvious she had gone to do the one thing she knew how to do in times of stress; clean.

“What does he want?” Gordon asked, once Simone was out of earshot.

“He wanted to be cremated,” Tom said. “And he wanted us to keep a bit of his ashes in a special necklace and scatter the rest into the lake. He wants a little plaque to be put near gran’s, nothing fancy.”

“Sounds like something Bill would want,” Gordon murmured.

“And he doesn’t want us to have a wake,” Ari added. “He wants us to have a lavish party, and to have fun, and to remember him happily.”

She cried gently as she spoke, remembering the way he’d expressed this idea to her, euphorically. He’d wanted dramatic, bright, happy, life. Not death and despair. He wanted his death to be like his life; burning bright even in his absence.

It didn’t take long to plan. Silver, B-shaped necklaces hung from black satin chains were fashioned specifically for those who wanted to keep Bill close. His ashes would be sent to the jewelers once his cremation occurred in order to be sealed within the silver while the rest were collected and taken to the lake to be scattered.

At the crematorium, so many people arrived that crowds spilled out into the streets, blocking off roads and access for traffic. The entire city came to a stand still as fans and friends alike came together, to mourn the loss of someone who shone so brightly. As his body disappeared behind that curtain into the fire and Monsoon filled the crematorium, from outside a deafening roar rose as hundreds of people joined in, singing along through tears and sorrow.

Inside the crematorium, sat within the first row, Simone collapsed against Gordon, unable to believe just how many people cared for her son. It seemed so unfair to her that someone as loved as he was, was taken from this world so rapidly, so suddenly, so young. Beside her, Tom bent over, resting his head in his hands, body shaking violently as he sobbed. His brother was truly gone, in body and spirit. There was a part of him, half of him missing.

Ari placed a comforting hand over his, pulling it free and gripping it tight, keeping him grounded in this world. Her nails dug into his skin as she gripped his hand, needing to feel warmth, needing to feel something. He gripped back just as hard, causing her hand to go numb with the pressure.

Behind their pew, sat Georg, Gustav, various members of staff and Andreas, Bill’s bleach-blond best friend. In his absence, even Andreas’ blond hair didn’t shine as brightly as normal; the world truly was dull without him.

The minister quietly ushered those gathered out of the crematorium. Outside, the sheer magnitude of people overwhelmed them. Standing there, before a crowd of thousands of girls was nothing new to Tom, but now it held an entirely new meaning. It no longer meant enthusiasm, anticipation, pure adrenaline spurred on by thousands of screaming girls. It met loss, and collective sorrow…

…it meant the final goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Tom's .. Flying .. V

Tom's .. Flying .. V

Female

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2008, 10:20

this just gets more and more depressing... i actually cried... twice.

poor them...

dont worry Chloe it isnt reality... just fiction... fiction that will never be reality.
Back to top Go down
xXxKirstyxXx

xXxKirstyxXx

Female

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2008, 22:20

mein gott that was amazing to read but so sad imagining the whole picture
it is a fiction chloe although i know what you felt with the dream thing.
Back to top Go down
Revenge

Revenge

Female
Number of posts : 2087
Job/hobbies : MCR + TH LOVING
Humor : sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-04-21

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2008, 18:23

i'm sorry Chloe, but I'll put it very bluntly...Plz stop this fiction. It's brilliant, i read the first part, but i havent read the second and i wont read a third. You're the best writer, it has nothing to do with the fiction itself, just the topic. and u might just wonder why i am being so mean and rude, but the truth is tht i am scared.
I'm scared cuz i had the exact same dream 2 days ago. i woke up at 2 am..yeah 2 am exact. i checked the time (it's a saying amongst hindus that a dream you get in the morning comes true..i only hope they mean after sunrise) drenched in sweat and my eyes were swollen cause i couldnt stop from crying. I wasnt here for 2 days to know whether he was still alive, but the first thing i did after cuming back was check whether he was still alive. i know you feel the need to write it..and continue cuz it's brilliant, but i wont read it. just felt the need to explain
luv ya hun...u know i'll be there for you always.
the story just has made me a little depressive and i am constantly reminded of the story I and Kit wrote when tom died. it was emotionally draining when we wrote it. damn it was hard.
Back to top Go down
Tom's .. Flying .. V

Tom's .. Flying .. V

Female

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2008, 18:52

I agree 100% with Pav. She's right Chloe, the story is absoloutely brilliant... but dont continue... you'll just crush yourself more and more and make yourself think that it is true. its a brilliant story just as a one shot... but please dont continue... cause if you become depressed then you make me, Pav, Kim, Tye etc sad... and we would have to pick up the pieces for you. Ihave always been there for you in those times and i will always be there. We just dont want you to continue cause we are scared for you. love ya.
Back to top Go down
RavynK
Admin
RavynK

Female

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29 2008, 15:55

Because even if nobody reads this, I will continue. it is a story, fiction. And if it can make me this emotional as well as those who read it, it means it is a BLOODY GOOD piece of fiction.
To anyone who reads this, enjoy! and thanks for the support Very Happy

--------------------------

It would later amaze Ari how days soon blended into one another after the funeral. She lived in a blur, barely able to understand what was going on around her. She found herself unable to really focus on anything, so she’d quit her job and dropped out of University. There was no life for her, without Bill, so a career, money, everything that ad been important to her before, no longer mattered.

She’d never returned back to the apartment they’d shared. Though it was never voiced, all understood that it would be better for both if she moved in with Tom. They’d taken one trip to the apartment, a week after the funeral, to gather everything she needed, packing suitcases of clothes and essentials to be taken back to Tom’s. The apartment would not be sold though. The deed was in both their names, so with bill gone, it belonged solely to Ari. She couldn’t face living in it, but the thought of selling it, of letting strangers move into the place she’d had so many happy moments with Bill in, made her skin crawl. She decided to keep the apartment. Maybe, one day, she’d find the strength to live there once more.

Nobody had the heart to tell her they knew she never would. She never had the heart to tell them she knew she never would.

She and Tom soon fell into a routine. Days were spent wandering listlessly through the house, barely doing anything, mostly sitting and staring at the wall, the tv. At night, neither could really sleep so they mostly spent the nights together just holding on to one another, sometimes talking about Bill or life without him. Mostly, it was silent.

Three months passed before either could even fathom any semblance of normality.

It was a peculiar morning for both. For once, Ari woke up feeling awake, not completely drained and empty. Getting out of bed wasn’t a struggle as it was a chore; something she didn’t want to do really, but did so anyway without complaint.

She disappeared into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. It was as though she was truly seeing herself for the first time ever since the accident. She gasped at what she saw. It was as though she’d been buried alive for three months. Her hair hung limp and tatty and her eyes were bloodshot and sunken. Her skin was sallow and her nails, once so perfectly groomed, were ratty and short.

She grabbed a brush and set about the task of bringing herself back to life.

Ari stepped out of the bathroom an hour later feeling more human than she had in a long time. Her hair was clean and neatly brushed and she’d even attempted to put on some light make up. It’d been so long since she’d done her make up that she was shaky, poking herself in the eye twice with the mascara wand. When it was done, thought, she was pleased with the results.

She felt so nervous and over dressed, fearing how others would see her Everyone expected her to remain in her state of mourning forever, and she knew her finally coming back to life would shock them. She closed her eyes and immediately Bill’s image swam before her. His hazel eyes sparkled, glowed with life and love, so tenderly looking at her. He’d always looked at her that way’; with love and adoration. She felt her heart swell as his eyes bore into her and, for a moment, her heart, so frozen since that night, filled with warmth.

His image and the warmth vanished as she opened her eyes but the memory lingered on. She felt a bit more confident and she knew, if Bill was around, he would want her to feel alive once more.

In the next room over, Tom sat on his bed, jar of wax in hand. He stared at the jar as his mind wandered. It reminded him so much of Bill. Bill had always used the wax, sitting behind Tom for hours on end, working it deep into Tom’s dreads, massaging his scalp along the way. They would talk as his fingers worked, one of those rare, peaceful moments in their hectic life where they could just talk to one another, catch up, reaffirm the band. Nobody intruded on this twinly bonding ritual.

Bill’s death brought an end to this and, since then, the wax had remained untouched. He didn’t care, his dreads were no longer important to him. Untouched for over three months, they no longer hung in neat ropes. In fact, they barely resembled his once perfect blonde dreads. He knew if he let them get much worse, he’d have to shave them off, something he was unwilling to do. But he couldn’t bring himself to sort them out, to touch the sacred wax.

Movement outside his bedroom door caught his attention and he looked up. Ari stood in the doorway, steaming mug in hand. Well, he assumed it was Ari, she looked so different.

“Coffee?” she asked, holding the mug out to him. She came into the room, sitting beside him on the bed. She put the mug on the floor in front of them and looked at him.

“Why are you wearing make up?” he asked, looking at her properly.

“Bill liked it,” she replied simply. “Why are you staring at a jar of wax?”

“I need to sort out my dreads,” he replied. “And…Bill used it.”

She smiled at him and he smiled back. In that moment, she saw Bill in him, in his smile, in his eyes.

“Don’t cry,” he murmured as her eyes swam with tears.

“I have to, one last time,” she replied, voice cracking.

Ari collapsed against tom, burying her face into the crook of his neck and wept violently. Her body shook as she let every emotion rush forward, consuming her. She wept for love and lost life, grief and emptiness. She wept for Tom, for herself and all who loved Bill but most of all, she wept for Bill. Make up ran with her tears, turning Tom’s white shirt black.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, crying silently with her. Time stretched on and with each passing second, the tears dried up. Finally, they stopped.

“I miss him so much,” she whispered.

“More than anything in this world,” he added.

She took a deep breath. “I love him, I’ll love him forever.”

“Me too,” Tom said.

“I’ll never forget him,” she said quietly. “But I want to stop crying for him. He hated seeing anyone hurt and crying.

“I know…I don’t want to cry anymore,” Tom said.

He looked down at his hands, eyes landing on the wax jar. He took a deep breath and held it out to Ari. “Will you…help me fix my dreads?”
Back to top Go down
xXxKirstyxXx

xXxKirstyxXx

Female

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29 2008, 22:34

It was simply wonderful Chloe and if still it made me and will make me cry I will still read it cos as you said its good, its very good and the last part was so nice and emotional. Good job, a really good job. Willing for more.
Back to top Go down
Tom's .. Flying .. V

Tom's .. Flying .. V

Female

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2008, 13:29

aww... one last cry... and finally she is back to herself... even if it isnt proper.

awesome... nicely detailed and tom... poor tom...
Back to top Go down
Revenge

Revenge

Female
Number of posts : 2087
Job/hobbies : MCR + TH LOVING
Humor : sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-04-21

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 10:51

okay fine..i had written i wouldnt read..but i couldnt help it.
nd i was bored doing stupid business...blah..
2AM (Part 3) Icon_razz amazing story..although i think i might know what happens next
luv u Chlo Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2AM (Part 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2AM (Part 3)   2AM (Part 3) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2AM (Part 3)
Page 1 of 1