тσкισ нσтєℓ ƒσяυм
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilkommen to the Maltese Tokio Hotel Forum, every Tokio Hotel fan is welcome...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

music

Go down 
+2
Revenge
My_Darkest_Moments
6 posters

which band concert would you prefer???
Aiden
music I_vote_lcap0%music I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Avenged Sevenfold
music I_vote_lcap25%music I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
30 seconds to mars
music I_vote_lcap75%music I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
My_Darkest_Moments

My_Darkest_Moments

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-29

music Empty
PostSubject: music   music I_icon_minitimeFri May 30 2008, 20:15

do you think that guitarist today are beterr than the ones from the past
Back to top Go down
http://MYSPACE.COM/30STF
Revenge

Revenge

Female
Number of posts : 2087
Job/hobbies : MCR + TH LOVING
Humor : sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-04-21

music Empty
PostSubject: Re: music   music I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01 2008, 13:44

i dont noe...the music back then was so differnt than what it is today...i mean u cant compare def leppard or led zeppelin stuff with 30 stm or patd! it'll be ridiculous!.
but i prefer new age stuff more.
Back to top Go down
RavynK
Admin
RavynK

Female
Number of posts : 3334
Job/hobbies : listening to music, being creative, writing :D
Humor : Witty and sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-07

music Empty
PostSubject: Re: music   music I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01 2008, 14:08

Omg no comparision, they were better in the past! Come on, back then they did everything themselves, they had to have an ear for music and sound and they had some fucking complicated guitar riffs! Nowadays its all done on computers. You don't even have to know how to play the guitar properly to be a guitarist nowadays, all you have to do is know three chords! Listen to guitar riffs from ACDC, Led Zepplin, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, The Who, The Clash, The Cure, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Black Sabbath and every other great act from those eras and you will be bowled over. Its impossible to find sound like that today. Look up guitar tabs online for nowadays music and music back then. The only bands that ever come close to sounding that good are MCR (cos Ray Toro is a genius on the guitar! Frank's ok but Ray owns it), TH, though TH do sometimes fall back on the ease of new age sound (Tom can get those riffs though) and The Offspring (but thats cos they were a band back in the late 80s/early 90s).

Back then, they played real music, no computers, no music altering machines, nothing, just music and the most complicated sounds ever. Now, it's not so. 30stm, PATD, FOB, they cannot compare to the beauty and raw POWER of those guitars.

That's why musicians nowdays idolize guitarists/drummers from the 60s/70s/80s (early 80s really), pure as hell, the ROCK.

That's my 2 cents, perhaps its because I grew up listning to this amazing music, but its true. Music now will never match up to music then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kaulitzlistingschafer.piczo.com
Revenge

Revenge

Female
Number of posts : 2087
Job/hobbies : MCR + TH LOVING
Humor : sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-04-21

music Empty
PostSubject: Re: music   music I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01 2008, 14:26

i sooooooooo agree...just a few days ago i was watchingthis 2 hour thing of metallica...and omg it was such a rush watching it!
the riffs holy fuck those riffs! i died alright...listening to them! thts why i love nirvana so much as well...i mean kurt cobain was a genius with tht guitar...u listen to led zeppelin lenny kravitz, an QUEEN!....they are amazing...it's original and without any techno stuff its absolutely worship worthy.

i agree fob patd 30stm use a lot of technology to improve their music..thats why i prefer mcr and avenged sevenfold cuz they are more raw not as raw as old rock, but raw enough to sounf like rock.
Back to top Go down
jtfranny

jtfranny

Female
Number of posts : 141
Job/hobbies : Music, Singing, Biking, Pictures, Reading, Drawing
Humor : Very Funny. I laugh at ANYTHING
Registration date : 2008-04-05

music Empty
PostSubject: Re: music   music I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01 2008, 21:47

again:

RavynK:
I TOTALLY agree!! i mean, everything's made through the fucking computer now-a-days. back then they' have to do everything themselves, which forced them to be REALLY good at instruments, or it wouldn't sound good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.janes-photos.piczo.com
amila
Anonymous

music Empty
PostSubject: banner   music I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2008, 23:14

Back to top Go down
~ cherry ~

Female
Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : erm ... dunno
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2007-12-29

music Empty
PostSubject: Re: music   music I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2008, 03:13

past dude. seriously one shouldn't even think about pondering on that question! they started it all!! they're the legends!! ok maybe some guitarist nowadays have an astonishingly gd stantard but they learnt it all from the masters right?! so.. all hail... Past Legendary Guitarists!
Back to top Go down
th4immer

th4immer

Female
Number of posts : 1195
Job/hobbies : Listening 2 music a lot! (mostly th+green day) +Making my friends laugh xd +playing guitar and piano
Humor : v. funny+ witty. (laughter is the best medicine anyway so who cares?!)
Registration date : 2008-04-20

music Empty
PostSubject: Re: music   music I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2008, 17:42

RavynK wrote:
Omg no comparision, they were better in the past! Come on, back then they did everything themselves, they had to have an ear for music and sound and they had some fucking complicated guitar riffs! Nowadays its all done on computers. You don't even have to know how to play the guitar properly to be a guitarist nowadays, all you have to do is know three chords! Listen to guitar riffs from ACDC, Led Zepplin, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, The Who, The Clash, The Cure, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Black Sabbath and every other great act from those eras and you will be bowled over. Its impossible to find sound like that today. Look up guitar tabs online for nowadays music and music back then. The only bands that ever come close to sounding that good are MCR (cos Ray Toro is a genius on the guitar! Frank's ok but Ray owns it), TH, though TH do sometimes fall back on the ease of new age sound (Tom can get those riffs though) and The Offspring (but thats cos they were a band back in the late 80s/early 90s).

Back then, they played real music, no computers, no music altering machines, nothing, just music and the most complicated sounds ever. Now, it's not so. 30stm, PATD, FOB, they cannot compare to the beauty and raw POWER of those guitars.

That's why musicians nowdays idolize guitarists/drummers from the 60s/70s/80s (early 80s really), pure as hell, the ROCK.

That's my 2 cents, perhaps its because I grew up listning to this amazing music, but its true. Music now will never match up to music then.

How come you always manage to say everything lol ? You really mentioned it all!! *crazy dance...yay for chloe!*
Back to top Go down
http://xrockx4xlifex.piczo.com
Sponsored content

music Empty
PostSubject: Re: music   music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

music
Page 1 of 1